Mucous Cyst Excision
These are examples
of a technique for mucous cyst excision using a longitudinal eponychial
splitting incision I learned from Damien Ireland.
- The cyst itself is left undisturbed
- Dorsal-lateral flap elevation superficial to extensor
- Excision of the dorsal-ulnar and dorsal-radial sections of
the joint capsule and underlying osteophytes
- 2mm Kerrison punch for dorsal synovectomy and debridement
of mid-dorsal distal phalanx osteophytes
- Closure with deep eponychial surface suture and then simple running suture.